up one level
Final report for Project for weeks 33 & 34 (2019)
By author Morgan Jassen
Here's what I did and here's what I learned, in this two-week-long project sprint:
- In target language did the following:
- • Re-enacted a scene from a TV show episode.
- • Copied TV show subtitles (1+ times)
- • Watched videos, and watched favorite TV show. (1+ times)
- • Most days did practice ~30m. or more.
- Helped a peer with (1+ times), and to finish, their language-learning project.
- Decided that it's fine to work on this (and any) project *only 6 days per week*. (in favor of resting/rejuvenating)
- Learned the following:
- • With language-learning, besides listen, speak, read, write, there is also ‘Watch TV’, ‘Sing’, ‘Listen to a story’, ‘Tell a story’, ‘Coverse’, ‘Have a dialogue’, etc. etc.
- • "Listening" happens while "watching" (Watching TV).
- • TV shows are, in a word, stories.
- • Singing happens while reading song lyrics.
- • A time when I most easily _recognize_ (recognize while reading) a paricular target-language word, is when I have very recently _written_ that same word. (For example if earlier that day I wrote a word in one context, then there is a higher chance that same word will "jump out at me" when I am reading words later, even/when in another context.)
In conclusion, in weeks 33 & 34, this is what I did and this is what I learned, in this two-week-long project sprint. Also, from this project sprint, I did increase my proficiency in my target language.
Note: The project plan for this project is here: https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-08-11-project-plan.html
This blog post first published at https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-12-12-project-report.html