up one level
Final report for Project for weeks 29 & 30 (2019)
By author Morgan Jassen
The project plan for this project was (is) here: https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-07-18-project-plan.html
Here's what I did in this two-week-long project sprint:
- Thought and journaled daily about the project.
- Realized I was not at liberty to immediately buy a company on this day (today).
- Realized a main roadblock to buying a company today is I need stakeholder buy-in (approval) from an essential financial partner, which I don't currently have.
- Realized in order to gain stakeholder buy-in from financial partner, I need to first build a more solid foundation of smart money habits -- a better character surrounding money.
- Started saving $1-per-day in a savings fund which is earmarked to buy a company. (in other words brought back the concept of the "long-term investing jar")(i.e. from https://investorworker.com/2016/2016-11-25-school-consists-blogging-weekly.html)
- Started to go out less often for donuts & coffee. This can actually potentially save 1.5% of my yearly income (!)
- Started to polish up my professional character in order to get tuned in to opportunities to promote myself at my employee-work-for-money day job.
- Researched Dividend stocks with direct stock purchase plans (dspps). (i.e. researched companies to buy) i.e. like the list here: https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-07-25-2000-companies-prices-dividends.html
- Moped to self about how I haven't bought a company today.
- Drew a cartoon about a person buying a company. Here: https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-07-25-2100-captain-money-tacostand.html
- Took a day off from this project in the middle of the two-week project.
- Worried a lot, and wallowed in victimized self-pity and felt sorry for myself like a baby.
- Took a break during the week and saw a movie in the movie theater.
- Thought more and actively decided to stop wallowing in self pity about money powerlessness, and keep planning towards buying a company.
In conclusion, in weeks 29 & 30, I didn't buy a company. However by thinking, journaling, drawing, financial-saving, thrift, re-scripting habits, performing financial research, worrying, and relaxing, I was able to make a few small wins that can put me in position for a big future win, put me in a position for buying a company.
This blog post first published at https://investorworker.com/2019/2019-07-25-project-report.html